Sally Ride Science Camps For Girls (Overnight Program w/ Commuter Option)
Sally Ride Science Camp (Overnight Program w/Commuter Option) offers 4th-9th grade girls with a passion for science the opportunity to live, learn and make lifelong friends on the campuses of UC Berkeley, UC San Diego and Stanford. These programs feature a 6 day, 5 night schedule, with activities scheduled from approximately 9am to 5pm each day. Students participate in morning labs, tailored to a science major of their choice, afternoon enrichment activities for informal science learning and recreation, and a wide variety of evening activities and games.
- Intro to Marine Science: Students will experiment with the physical and chemical properties of water, explore major marine ecosystems and phyla, and dissect a fish!
- Intro to Engineering: Students will learn the basic principles of physics and design while building bridges, towers, hovercrafts and automobiles that must survive performance trials and unexpected obstacles. (Note: This Major not offered at the UC Berkeley session)
6th - 7th Grade Campers
- Marine Biology: Students will investigate animal adaptations in a creative creature project, dissect a fish, learn how temperature and salinity create ocean currents and create an “oil spill” to see how human actions impact the planet.
- Astronomy: Students will simulate the big bang theory, study the surface of the sun and measure its diameter, explore light diffraction and build their own water rockets!
- Advanced Marine Science: Students explore innovative ways to remedy the human imprint on aquatic ecosystems, particularly as it relates to climate change, conservation, pollution and sustainability. Students will also dissect a fish AND do all of the above!
- Robotics: Students will explore the emerging science of robot mechanics by building a robot from scratch, remotely control it, experiment with light and pressure sensors, create drive trains for varying terrains and play robotic sports. (Note: This Major not offered at the UC Berkeley session)
2014 Sally Ride Science Camps For Girls (Overnight Program w/ Commuter Option) Staff Members Include:
Check back closer to the start of camp for details on our 2014 staff
We will continue to add additional staff members as enrollment and availability dictate. Details are posted on additional staff members as they are confirmed.
2013 Sally Ride Science Camps For Girls (Overnight Program w/ Commuter Option) Staff Members Include:
* Tentative and Subject to Change
|Jun 22nd 2014 - Jun 27th 2014||5th - 8th||UC Berkeley||$1,370.00 – $1,945.00|
|Jul 13th 2014 - Jul 18th 2014||5th - 8th||UC San Diego||$1,370.00 – $1,945.00|
|Jul 27th 2014 - Aug 1st 2014||4th - 5th||Stanford University||$1,370.00 – $1,945.00|
|Jul 27th 2014 - Aug 1st 2014||6th - 7th||Stanford University||$1,370.00 – $1,945.00|
|Jul 27th 2014 - Aug 1st 2014||8th - 9th||Stanford University||$1,850.00 – $2,450.00|