Education Unlimited is the national leader in providing noncompetitive public speaking summer programs for kids and teens. Education Unlimited was founded in 1993 by a group of speech and debate coaches who developed our innovative curriculum. Today, our curriculum directors and on-site faculty and staff include coaches at some of the nation’s premier high schools and universities and former speech, debate, and mock trial competitors who reached national levels of success.
Too many young people have something to say but do not have the tools to speak in public effectively and with comfort. Sharpening communication abilities helps young people succeed in a world that demands confidence, articulation and the ability to clearly communicate ideas. By building superior speaking skills, students will prepare to excel in school, attain their dream jobs, defend their beliefs and values, and become leaders in their schools and communities.
5 Reasons to Focus on Public Speaking This Summer!
- Public speaking is a necessary and indispensable life skill and most people are called upon to speak in public at some point in their lives
- Public Speaking improves research and organization abilities - crucial skills for high school and college success
- Employers rank public speaking as one of the top skills they look for in employees - students can get a head start on their dream careers by developing skills that will translate in the workforce
- Speech and debate activities involve “active construction of knowledge.” allowing students the opportunity to synthesize, analyze, and utilize new information, rather than merely memorizing facts. According to Communication Education, debate can increase critical thinking skills by 44% in one year and high school reading skills by as much as 25% in one year
- Speech helps develop social skills, such as confidence, eye contact, poise, and articulation
Public Speaking Institute Programs
|Program||Grades||Location||Start Date||End Date||Price Options||Register|