2020 update -
Tuition Assistance applications are still being accepted. Decisions generally received within 7 days. See below for details on how to apply.
Tuition Assistance and Scholarship Programs:
Education Unlimited seeks to make our programs available to students regardless of their financial situation, where possible and as our funds allow. To that end, Education Unlimited sponsors a program that provides limited discretionary program discounts to some families who demonstrate financial need as funds allow:
- The Education Unlimited Tuition Assistance Program provides partial tuition assistance awards to those who can demonstrate financial need. The largest awards will not exceed 50% of the program's total tuition; College Tour awards typically do not exceed 25% of the program cost. In most recent years EU has been able to designate over $100,000 in partial assistance awards each summer. The Tuition Assistance Program is the program under which most families have historically received aid awards from Education Unlimited. Tuition assistance is applicable only as a discount and only toward Education Unlimited programs and only for the Education Unlimited program originally applied for. All Tuition Assistance awards are solely at the discretion of Education Unlimited's Tuition Assistance Committee and Executive Director.
- If you apply for tuition assistance within 3 days of submitting an application for camp and you receive an assistance award that you feel does not meet your financial need, if you notify us in writing within 10 days of receiving your assistance award that you still can't afford to come and need to cancel, all money paid on deposit for that camp will be refunded. Because of the guarantees for housing, meals and meeting rooms, commitments to staff, etc, that must be made in advance on behalf of applicant families, we cannot extend this 'refund of deposit when aid award is not sufficient' exception to aid applications received after 3 days from the date of initial application for enrollment has passed.
- Deadlines: Applications are reviewed as they are received and decisions are generally sent within 10 days to two weeks after the complete application is received. Priority consideration is given to applications received by May 1 of each year. We will continue to review Tuition Assistance applications throughout the summer, however, fewer funds may be available for Tuition Assistance later in the season.
- To Apply: Download an application from our website or request one by email. Please review the details on the application to learn more. If you have additional questions, please contact us by phone or email.
Mail or email completed application and supplemental materials to:
- Mail: Education Unlimited - Tuition Assistance Committee; 1700 Shattuck Ave. #305, Berkeley, CA 94709
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line TUITION ASSISTANCE APPLICATION: Student Name: Camp Name