Are you passionate about making a positive change in your community but not sure where to start? Do you want to learn how to use the power of technology to create meaningful impact in the world around you? Then join us for our ChatGPT for Change this summer!
Over the course of the week, you will learn how to harness the power of the cutting-edge language model, ChatGPT, to initiate change in your community. You will work with an experienced instructor and cohort of like-minded high schoolers to learn how to use ChatGPT's advanced natural language processing capabilities to generate ideas, develop strategies, and engage with your community in a meaningful way.
Join us for ChatGPT for Change and unlock the power of AI to create positive change in the world!
What an exciting time to be a young person! The advent of ChatGPT and similar AI products such as Bard have opened up a whole new dimension, equivalent to some of the most life-changing inventions of the past century, from the calculator to the internet and the automobile. Learning how to effectively and responsibly harness the power of these tools can unlock immeasurable potential for inspiring meaningful change.
ChatGPT for Change is a course designed for high school students who wish to utilize ChatGPT to initiate positive change in their communities and around the world. This AI-based tool can process vast amounts of data, analyze complex problems, and generate new insights and solutions, giving it the potentially to completely revolutionize how we approach social issues.
- One of the key advantages of ChatGPT is its ability to process natural language. This means that it can understand and generate human language, allowing it to process and interpret large volumes of text data from sources such as news articles, social media, and government reports. It can also create, edit, and refine text into a clear and readable format in seconds, essentially doing for language what calculators did for math.
- ChatGPT can also be used to sift through data quickly and efficiently, identifying emerging trends, patterns, and issues that might otherwise go unnoticed. Change agents can use this data analysis to generate new ideas and solutions. By inputting a question or problem statement, ChatGPT can generate a wide range of potential solutions or recommendations, drawing on its extensive database of knowledge and language patterns. Change agents can then use these generated solutions as a starting point for further exploration and development, helping them to generate new ideas that are grounded in data-driven insights.
- In addition to identifying and generating solutions, ChatGPT can also be used to communicate and share ideas with others. By generating summaries or explanations of complex issues, change agents can use ChatGPT to create content that is accessible to a wider audience, making it easier to engage with others and build support for their cause. This can be a great tool for getting buy-in from throughout a community, or taking messages to decision-makers.
Through a series of interactive and engaging sessions, students will learn how to use ChatGPT to identify the most pressing issues facing their community, develop strategies and plans of action for addressing these issues, including creating outreach campaigns, building coalitions with like-minded groups, and engaging with local policymakers. They will also gain confidence in their ability to identify problems and come up with innovative solutions using the power of AI, as well as practice their critical thinking, problem-solving, and effective communication skills in a supportive and collaborative environment.
This course will be taught online via Zoom in a synchronous format. Each day will consist of a series of interactive and engaging sessions, including group discussions and hands-on exercises. Students will also have opportunities to work in small groups with other high schoolers and receive personalized feedback and support from their instructor.
This course is open to high school students with a strong interest in social and political issues and a desire to make a positive impact in their community. Basic familiarity with online communication tools, such as Zoom and Google Drive, are recommended.
To register for ChatGPT for Change, please follow the below steps
- Click "Apply Now" on the top right of this screen.
- Follow the prompts to enter parent and student information on screens 1 and 2.
- On screen 3, select the following options:
- Camp Category:A+ Summer Leadership
- Camp Name: ChatGPT for Change
- Camp Session: Select the ChatGPT Session
- Price Option: Select Online Camp
|Program||Grades||Location||Start Date||End Date||Price Options||Register|
ChatGPT for change is taught as a fully synchronous course in a small cohort setting. Students will be live with their instructor via Zoom for a fully synchronous course.
Day 1: Introduction to AI and ChatGPT
- Basics of AI and natural language processing
- Introduction to ChatGPT and its capabilities
- Exploring different use cases of ChatGPT in real-life scenarios
- Hands-on activities related to ChatGPT
Day 2: Identifying Community Issues
- How to identify problems in communities
- How to conduct research to gather information about different community issues
- Brainstorming potential solutions to community issues
- Group discussions, activities and case studies related to community issues
Day 3: Building an AI model
- Introduction to AI model building
- Preparing and cleaning data for AI model training
- Creating a simple AI model using pre-existing data
- Hands-on activities on AI model building using online resources
Day 4: Using ChatGPT to Identify Solutions
- Introduction to ChatGPT model building
- Using ChatGPT to identify potential solutions to community problems
- Experimenting with different inputs and refining outputs
- Group discussions and case studies related to using ChatGPT to identify solutions
Day 5: Developing a Solution
- Group work to develop solutions based on previous days' learnings
- Leveraging the power of AI and ChatGPT to refine solutions
- Finalizing solutions and preparing pitch presentations
- Presentations and feedback session
- Incorporating feedback and finalizing solutions
Education Unlimited believes in small-group, immersive learning with subject matter experts and experienced teachers. We strive to provide industry-leading instruction to all of our students and hold all staff to the highest possible standards.
Peter Paccone, Instructor
Peter Paccone is an accomplished educator with over three decades of teaching experience teaching a diverse list of social studies and humanities courses including AP American History and Mock Trial. His reputation as an innovative and engaging educator has led to numerous accolades, including being recognized by the Henry Ford Foundation as one of the top twenty most innovative teachers in America in 2013.
Peter's dedication to education also earned him the California History-Social Science Teacher of the Year award in 2015, which celebrates exceptional educators who inspire students to become active and informed citizens. Additionally, in 2016, he was named a PBS Digital Innovator for his role in helping fellow educators effectively integrate technology into their classrooms.
Beyond his achievements in teaching, Peter is also a renowned presenter at teacher conferences, a sought-after keynote speaker, a passionate podcast host and a prolific blogger who frequently writes about CHatGPT. He's also the coach of the SMHS mock trail team.